Social media optimization is a marketing strategy that’s simply too important to ignore. Social networks are growing steadily and they are providing small businesses an opportunity to reach out to a bigger audience. In today’s online world, you would need to be thriving socially if you want your business to get more customers and crush your competition. Not convinced with the power of social media? See our Infographic:
Amplification: Beyond Reach, Engagement
Social media is an effective tool for reaching your prospects and engaging them. According to Pew Internet research, 67% of all Internet users also use social networks. Meanwhile, comScore estimates that one in six minutes spent online is on social networks. These statistics simply mean that when people are online, they also connect via social media—giving business owners and marketers an opportunity for customer reach and engagement. But what makes social media powerful is amplification. The more engaged your friends and followers are, the bigger your amplification factor grows. This is turn results in more reach, deeper engagement, and again, bigger amplification. The social cycle goes on and on, and is similar to the buying cycle: awareness, interest, desire, action, loyalty, and advocacy. Amplification, however, makes the difference as it broadcasts the advocacy to a bigger audience, amplifying the number of leads and customers you can reach and engage.
Facebook Leads Social Network Growth
More and more social networks are being created nowadays but some of the crucial ones businesses need to focus on are as follows: Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest. These are networks that have shown steady growth. These are where most of your prospects share and connect with friends. Facebook, in particular, should be a business necessity. The social network now has 1.11 billion monthly active users, up from 680 million in 2011. Its mobile user base is around 751 million, surging 62% from only 288 million two years ago. A study by HubSpot showed that 74% of all marketers consider Facebook as important in their lead generation efforts. Other social networks are also growing:
- LinkedIn has 200 million users, adding 2 new signups per second
- Twitter has 288 million MAUs making 1.6 billion queries per day
- Google+ MAU base is currently at 359 million, making it the second biggest network
- Pinterest growth skyrocketed 88% over the past 12 months
Get Customers, Sales from Social
Their user base growth may be impressive but can social networks help your business grow? The answer: YES. In fact, customer acquisition through social networks has been increasing. In 2012, 62% of businesses using LinkedIn said they acquired a customer through the world’s largest professional network. This is up from 57% in 2011. Customer acquisition through Facebook and Twitter also went up from 48% to 52% and 42% to 44%, respectively. You attract prospects for sure, but do they buy? A study by Nielsen found that 46% of online users depend on social media when making a purchase decision. In a separate report, VisionCritical said 38% of Facebook users have purchased an item after liking or sharing it. Pinterest (29%) and Twitter (22%) also bought an item after conducting some social action involving that product. To get more sales, you need to adjust your approach on the online social realm. The same VisionCritical research recommended that businesses tweak their social content based on the culture of the users within a specific network. They also need to take into consideration the category that content would likely fall under. To make social work, you need to reach and engage your audience with custom content that is in line with the category of your business, as well as with the culture of your prospects.
The Market Leaders and Your Competitors Are Social… Are You?
Market leaders are using social media. For instance, 90% of Inc. 500 companies use at least one major social media platform, according to marketing speaker Heidi Cohen. Majority of marketers (83%) also understand how powerful social is, Social Media Examiner found. Some 59% of marketers use social media for six or more hours a week. Your competitors are conducting some form of social media optimization today, too. E-Strategy Trends found that an overwhelming 92% of small businesses consider social media as an effective marketing tool. Meanwhile, eMarketer found that 21% of small businesses plan to spend more on social media advertising this year. So now, you know market leaders are social online. Your competitors are likely going social, too. They are realizing the power of online social networks and how these can help them acquire more customers and get more sales. In short, they know that social media is essential to business success today. But you know that, too. So what are you going to do? Send us an email or call us at 424-888-0291 now to schedule your free in-depth consultation with us. We can help your business succeed with the power of social media optimization.
Getting More Leads and Sales, Not Just Fancy Cosmetic Redesign
Implementing responsive web design means opening up your online storefront to mobile visitors, effectively increasing your chances of getting more leads and sales through your site. While it may come as a mere fancy redesign to some business owners, you should realize that this change is geared toward marketing more than cosmetics. Making the decision to have a responsive site means giving your business more opportunities to grow, especially for the long haul. (more…)
How to Comply with Google Panda and Penguin Updates
Doing effective SEO has evolved into a more “natural” and “social” process. Algorithm updates, particularly Google’s Penguin and Panda, are continuously changing the course of conducting search engine optimization. Penguin targets bad links while Panda goes after poor content. Google, through their algorithm updates, has reiterated that website owners and search engine optimization practitioners must create a better experience for users. And that trying to manipulate rankings through keyword over optimization, link schemes, and black hat methodologies will only harm your website — and your business.
See our Infographic:
Here are some Penguin and Panda update-compliant SEO methodologies.
Publish High Quality Content
The era of run-of-the-mill, duplicate, and poor content is over. If you want to get into the SEO battle and win, then producing high quality, compelling content should be in your arsenal. Great content is key to increased visitors, more engagement, more inbound links and higher rankings.
- 72% of B2B marketers use content marketing as part of their overall marketing strategy – BtoB Magazine
- 86% of B2C marketers use content marketing – Content Marketing Institute
- 90% of consumers find custom content useful. – TMG Custom Media
- 90% of CMOs say high quality content has a positive effect on audience attitudes – Custom Content Council
- 79% of marketers say their organizations are shifting to branded content – Forrester
- 72% of marketers rate branded content as more effective than magazine ads – Custom Content Council
- 60% of consumers feel more optimistic about a company after reading onsite custom content – Content Plus
Stamp it with Google+
Google+ Authorship & Publishership
Google+ is not just the search engine giant’s answer to Facebook. Plus is a social layer that connects all your Google activities. Google+ authorship in particular is a powerful SEO tool as it stamps your content on your website or blog with your identity as an author or publisher; and you are given credit for every piece of content you publish. The accumulation of authorship credits helps you to rank higher on search engines.
Google+ is Growing Fast
- Has 359 million monthly active users as of March 2013
- This is way up from 135 million in December 2012
- From only 100 million users in September 2012
Claim your Authored Content
By creating a Google+ profile and linking it to your website or blog, you can claim authorship of your content with your Google+ profile. Once authorship is claimed, your Google+ profile will show up next to your search results.
Get Indexed Immediately
Content posted on your Google+ will be indexed immediately into the Google search results, increasing the possibility of your Google+ network seeing your posted content in their search results. When your audience engages with your content it will be further advertised to your audience’s network. In this chain reaction, posts have the ability to go viral.
Great Content plus Google+ Influence Search Rankings
High quality and compelling content will most likely receive +1s and shares. These act like social recommendations, influencing what searchers see on Google SERPs while they are logged in to any Google account.
Create Content and Publish it on your Blog
Blogging revolutionized publishing content on the web and is the mother of social media. It is now, and more than ever, a great tool for providing high quality and fresh content to your target audience and for SEO.
Write informative and engaging posts that people want to read, make use of and share with their friends and you acquire back links without engaging in black hat techniques.
- Companies that blog have 97% more inbound links – HubSpot
- 92% of companies who blog multiple times per day have acquired a customer from their blog – HubSpot
- B2B marketers who use blogs generate 67% more leads than those that do not. –InsideView
- Companies that blog receive 434% more indexed pages on average – HubSpot
- Businesses that blog at least 20 times/month get 5x more traffic than those that blog 4 times or less – HubSpot
Do Articles, Press Releases the Right Way
Mass-produced articles and press releases are often tagged as duplicate or poor content, partly due to article spinning, anchor text over optimization and massive submissions. But when implemented the right way, well-written articles and press releases attract the right kind of site visitors.
- 70% of consumers prefer articles over advertisements when it comes to getting to know a company – Content Plus
- 80% of business decision-makers prefer a series of articles over advertisements when it comes to getting information about a company – Content Marketing Institute
Just make sure to AVOID:
- Massive submission of articles and press releases
- Submission to article and press releases farms
- Keyword-rich, overly optimized anchor texts
Use Promotional Copy
Promotional content is a powerful tool. Consumers are attracted to promotional copy because people inherently like good deals. And it’s also a type of content that they will share with friends. Consumers visit a site over and over again to check on their latest promotions. Promotions attract visitors, are shared around and produce back links naturally. Promotions attract traffic, leads, customers – and keep them loyal.
- 83% are likely to tell a friend about a company that uses sales promotions, such as special offers, discounts or coupons
- 76% said they have a positive feeling toward a company that offers online sales promotions
- 71% said they are likely to be loyal to a brand that offers online sales promotions
- 66% said online sales promotions improve a company’s image
- 65% said online sales promotions help finalize decisions for undecided buyers
Share It Socially
It’s not enough to create high quality content. You need to share it with the world; make sure everyone sees it so that they can link back to your site and share it with their networks. Social sharing completes the modern SEO methodology of attracting social and natural traffic and links. Social media is beneficial not just to SEO, but also to sales as 90% of users listen to recommendations shared from friends.
- 92% of consumers around the world say they trust online recommendations from friends and family, above all other forms of advertising
- 70% read other experiences
- 65% learn more about businesses, brands, products & services
- 53% compliment brands
- 50% express concerns about brands, products & services
- Users spend 30% of their time online on social channels where content can be shared. – AOL & Nielsen
“Natural and social” SEO focuses on creating high quality content users want to read, use, and share. High quality content can spread naturally across social networks as well as build natural links. This consequently results to higher Google rankings.
Google Penguin and Panda updates are meant to improve Google search results for users. Business owners can do their share in improving the user experience by employing SEO service providers that use natural and social methodology. Quality SEO will result in increased exposure of your website, higher rankings in the search engine, more traffic to your website, and result in more sales for your company.
So if you want quality SEO done for you, email us at email@example.com, or give us a call at 424-888-0291 today for a free consultation.